For a Sunday morning
85g (1/2 cup) gluten-free flour
2 teaspoons white sugar
2/3 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup cooked oatmeal (use gluten-free oats)
1 tablespoon butter
Scant 1/2 cup milk
1. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl prepare the oatmeal. While still warm, stir in the butter until it melts. Add the milk and then quickly whisk in the egg.
3. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and either use the batter immediately, or leave in the fridge overnight so it’s ready first thing next morning. If leaving overnight the batter will thicken up; thin out with milk before using.
4. Wipe a large frying pan with a little butter and then place over a high heat. Spoon scant 1/4 cups of the batter into the pan, 2 at a time, and flatten slightly. Leave to cook for about 3-4 minutes on the first side, then loosen from the pan, flip over and finish cooking. They should be golden brown on both sides when done.
5. Serve with honey, or chopped fruit.
Makes 4 pancakes.